Starkey Hearing Technologies - Surf Link Engineering disaster
Update added by user Dec 15, 2016
UPDATED REVIEW - Dec.15, 2016
I don't know if it was the direct complaint that I issued to Starkey, or the Consumer Report complaint that I submitted, but I was called by Advanced Hearing to come and get a new Surf Link last week.
No other communication was offered other than a phone call that they had one there to replace the 2nd defective Link. A total disregard for customer care.
I can not say how this came about as I am insistent on not going back to Advanced Hearing for any further adjustments or exams.
I am satisfied to have a refurbished Surf Link, but I am still NOT happy with the treatment I received from Advanced Hearing, or the Starkey Co. before I issued numerous complaints about the product and it's limited warranty policy.
I now have a 2nd refurbished unit, and it seems to be working.
How long it will last is anybody's guess.
I will not rescind my complaints about Starkey and their prices, their policies, and overreach.
I assume this is common practice for products most companies KNOW we must use.It is very sad to see this sort of perpetuation and obstruction on people who rely on these devices to hear.
Update added by user Nov 16, 2016
My current status with replacing the Surf Link is on hold due to the expense. Every time something goes wrong with it - I come out of pocket for many hundreds of dollars.
The same with their policy on the hearing aids.
These practices feel unethical with much overreach and cost to the patient who is helpless to the company "policy".
Original review posted by user Nov 15, 2016
This is the second time I have had to replace my Surf Link control unit due to MANUFACTURING issues.
Of course my "warranty" is expired now!
You have the audacity to ask me for $700.00 for to replace the unit for YOUR engineering flaws?
This Surf Link has NEVER been dropped - EVER. As a matter of fact, it stays in the house and is only used for TV watching or to re-establish a link to my hearing aides.
When I went into my audiologist to give them the unit - FOR THE SECOND TIME - they told me "this has never happened before????
Who are you people!
Unfortunately I am no longer surprised by lawless corporations who only care about their profit margin. You are not in the business to "help" people... so stop with the false advertisement and FIX your engineering issues without charging for it.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Insurance Plans Acceptance|
What I liked
What I disliked
- All services recieved
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Surf Link Sn N 164188640
- Review category
- Eye and Ear Care
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I wanted to try HoneyColor.com because of the buy 1 get 1 free deal. I ordered 6 lenses total. Shipping was decent and the packaging is cute, each one came..."
- " I ordered a frame that looked okay online in July of 2016. The first frame had a scratch on the rim. Returned it. It just sat..."
- "I went to Stanton Optical on Lydians Blvd in Albuquerque, NM. I was told the glasses would be available in an hour. They weren't. Since I live 2 hours away,..."
- "I have owned my battery for around 2 years. Recently I was told by several mechanics that I had a bad cell in my battery and to replace it. As..."
- "This app is so close to a scam, but not, I'm surprised the pros haven't completely rioted yet. Yes, it looks all snazzy and cool with its neato UI/UX design..."
- "Worst expierence ever with this company. I spent £40.00 on flowers and they firstly did not send me a confirmation email. I had to call to find out if they..."
- "I only needed a garbage disposal reinstall and basic reattachment of plumbing for sink drain and reconnect hose for dishwasher. The estimate was between $600.00 and $800 bucks Zack the plumber admitted..."
- "Bought a 32" December 2015 for when My daughters visit and put it in their room. Less than a month later, and used two (2) week ends, had vertical color..."
- "Got Print WON'T stand behind their work. They just DON'T CARE - no matter what - they have an excuse for everything. One time they will print your..."